ENFORCING YOUR FAMILY DOMINION
Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon; Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and take wives for your sons, and give your daughters to husbands, that thy may bear sons and daughters that ye may be INREASED there, and not DIMINISHED.
Welcome to the month of May where God wants us to increase, prosper and flourish in our family lives. One of the areas we are to enforce our dominion mandate is in the family.
The family is not man’s idea. It is divinely instituted by God. Genesis 2:18, 21.
Psalm 68:6 NIV. God sets the lonely in families,[a]he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
God instituted the family as solution to loneliness. The family is a place of refuge. A place of intimate relationship where we feel safe, celebrated, and nurtured. It is a place where we bear one another’s burden. The family is also a place of intimate relationship guided by common purpose that provides support, protection, direction, and fulfillment. In life, we all need the support of people who genuinely love and care for us especially in the family setting.
In the journey of life you only enjoy what you enforce. Matthew 11:12.
By redemption, God has given us victory in every area of our lives including the family. We must however be ready to enforce the finished work of God in every area of our lives including the family. Nehemiah 4:14
What does it mean to enforce?
It means to aggressively pursue or aggressively position ourselves in such a manner to make for the peace, and prosperity of our families.
It means to do all things possible in order to sustain our families.
It means to place high priority on our families that we are willing to do anything possible for the peace and welfare of it. Lack of peace in the family is not only by demonic invasion but also wisdom deficiency
WHY SHOULD WE ENFORCE OUR FAMILY DOMINION
Why do I need to enforce my family dominion? Why is the family worth fighting for?
1. It is a priority to God. The family was the first institution ordained by God. By virtue of the priority we know that the family is very vital to God and his plan for mankind. The family is the basic unit of the society.
2. The family is the foundation for life’s success. Irrespective of your level of attainment in life, if the family is troubled you will be troubled. Everyone in life is a product of one family or the other. Charity begins at home. Every bad person was produced by a family and every good person was produced by a family.
3. The family has enemies. It is safe to say that the family is under serious stress. There is an escalation of attack against what the family stands for with the intention of frustrating the purpose of God for families. John 10:10. The adversary is using several methods to steal, to kill and to destroy the joy, peace and purposes of families. Among such are confusion and disunity in the families, drugs abuse, redefinition of family values and family structures, high levels of immorality, proliferation of secular humanistic values, irreverent behaviors to God and the marriage institution, societal acceptance of illicit sexual behaviors, pornography, high rates of divorce and several others.
4. The family is a very fragile and delicate institution. The family is difficult to build but easy to destroy. There are great and flourishing families that are totally shattered today because of challenges and satanic attacks.
What do I need to enforce?
1. You must enforce the unity in the family. The place of agreement is the core of fellowship and soul of the family. It is the place of commanded blessing and answered prayer. Division robs the family of its greatness and purpose. Genesis 11:6. The strength of the family is not in the number of the people that are there but in the bond that exists among them. Matthew 12:25. Psalms 133:1-3.
2. You must enforce order in the family. Order is the accurate arrangement of things. Absence of order breeds confusion, anarchy and spiritual dryness. If you are lawless, you will be lifeless. When a liver wants to functions as the heart inside the body, there will be chaos and ultimate death. If you look at Genesis 1, you can see order in creation. Before God created the fishes, he first of all created the waters. Before the animals, he created the forest. The family like any other organization involves two or more people working together in agreement towards a purpose. So it must be properly directed in order to experience peace. 1 Corinthians 14:39. In the military, a sergeant cannot shout over a major. In the family there is leadership structure and order that must be carefully followed. Genesis 2:22-23.
There is the marital order. In the marital order, the husband is ordained of God to lead the family. Ephesians 5:23. Another of such is sexual order. Sexual perversion is one of the killers of families. Sex is only permitted between legally married male and female. Another area of order is parental order. Children are to obey and respect their parents. Galatians 6:1. Parents are to love and not provoke their children to wrath.
How do I fight for my family?
Surrender to the absolute authority of the word of God. Psalms 127:1. Build your family on the word of God and not on humanistic wisdom or strategies. Joshua 24:15. The word of God must be the foundation of your life, marriage and family. When you give God and his word the rightful place in your family, it will produce the fruit of godliness and peace. Without the life of God in a family or marriage, that family is in trouble.
The questions is; what do you value most in your family or in your marriage? The only true difference in people is in what they value the most. Success begins when the word of God rules and become the final authority in our lives. Psalms 119:105. When God’s word becomes the finality of your life, carnality is destroyed. We are in an age that people think the word of God is outdated and want to embrace the modern. Truth is truth. Nothing can be done against the truth. There is no outdated truth. When you put the word aside, you will land at the roadside.
We need to meditate in the word of God consistently.
Make praying for your family individually and corporately a priority. Prayer bonds families together. Prayer connects family to God and his will. Prayer destroys satanic plots and siege against the family. Philippians 4:6-7.
Growing in the love of God.
Love for God and for one another in the family is the glue that bind families together. As we grow in our love for God and for one another, we dwell less on our shortcomings and focus more on our common elements. Mark 12:30-31.
Growth and maturity.
One of the killers of any relationship is self-centeredness. Self-centeredness is the fruit of the flesh and evidence of immaturity. As we grow up spiritually and emotionally, we are able to discipline our flesh. 1 Corinthians 13:11. Growth and maturity in the word of God makes us to look for the best in others. It makes us to be others centered instead of self-centered. Philippians 2:2-4.Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Staying in the word of God enables us to grow and control our feelings and align them with divine expectations. Proverbs 16:32.